Tuesday, January 22, 2013

playing catch up!

Hi there! :)

Ok, as I was looking to see how many datas I lost from our computer crash, I went through all my scrapbook pages I made since september and I doubled check on the blog to see which one I had shown you already and I realized that a couple of them are still not online!! :)
So that's fun! I get to show them to you now. :))

So, where do I start??

Ok, I don't know if I told you that I was trying to get Arielle to sleep in her own bed?? Well, I had to make a page about goal setting over @getitscrapped and I thought instead of choosing several goals like I did here, goals that I didn't achieved by the way!, I decided to choose ONE SINGLE goal this time and to go for it!! With a system in mind. What's a goal without steps to get to it right??! And anyway, this whole thing about Arielle not sleeping in her bed seemed like a beautiful challenge and a beautiful goal to set!! So I met a girl, a friend of a friend, who told me all about how she bribed her daughter and how her daughter started to sleep in her bed. Bribing right?? Ok, why not.....

So I made a calendar (it had to be cute because i knew it was ending in my scrapbook!) and I talked Arielle into it: every time she would sleep the whole night in her own bed, she'd get something that we chose before going to bed..... The first night, Arielle decided we would go to TCBY for frozen yogourt after school. The second night, she wanted to unwrap a present...... we ended up buying a pink Christmas tree for her bedroom, and so on. So on the calendar, I stamped and wrote the little things she wanted. When we were done (it only took 5 nights!! I thought that would go on for weeks!!!) I wrote the story of how I decided to to choose this goal and I stamped a quote saying that when we have a goal, half of the way is already done. :) Oh yeah, on the left page, I have a word art that I created the very first day I decided that this would be my goal. I wanted to frame it and put it on the wall but I didn't have time to do so. :) So here's the page:


Under my word art I've noted the date I've set by which my goal should be obtained:


And here is the journaling:


The calendar with the rewards:


And the quote:


Setting that goal and recording the processing of getting it done was fun!! :) 
And looking back at it, I'm very happy I did it! I've put the layout in my Project Life album. 

Oh, and speaking of Project Life, I read that the Paperclipping podcast is all about Project Life!! It's with Becky Higgins, the creator of Project Life and Elise Blaha Joy, the designer who made the seafoam edition that I am using in 2013, so if you are interested in knowing more about it, come listen!! I'll probably listen to it tonight. :)) Looking forward to that!

Have a good one!!
Marie







2 comments:

Marie said...

Bravo à ta fille d'avoir réussi à atteindre ce but fixé ! Et ta page est superbe, j'aime beaucoup l'idée de ne pas forcément mettre de vraie photo mais de conserver en mémoire les moments qui font partie de la croissance des enfants...
Au fait, j'ai commencé à poster mes premières pages de PL sur mon blog, si tu veux y faire un tour !
Bises

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

oui, c'est vrai, des fois on focusse sur les photos: on a pas LA photo parfaite, ou encore on n'a pas du tout de photo et on ne fait rien avec notre souvenir. J'adore faire des pages sans photos. J'en ia une autre qui s'en vient bientôt!! Aussitot que j,aurai repris une photo puisque c'est une que j'ai perdu dans notre crash technologique de la semaine passée!! :)
Je cours voir ton PL!! Avec grand plaisir d'ailleurs! :)