Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's a love story: He was a boy, She was a girl

Hi everyone!!

I already told you this: one of my favorite episode of Paperclipping Roundtable was the show about "love stories". After listening to this episode I always feel like I was 10 more stories to scrapbook. :)
For this page about a love story, made for Get it Scrapped, I went back into my head and heart and tried to find out little things that I would like to tell about Patrick and I when we met, 15 years ago! Several stories resurfaced, but in the end, I chose this one:


You can read the journaling here:


The tree was inspired by a page by Wilna. The tree was the perfect symbol for my page. I remember when we got married, we had to take a premarital class and the teacher told us that there was a tree between us that would want to grow and that we would have to take care of it so that it doesn't get too big so that we can't see each other anymore…. many many years later, i still remember this story so it was only natural that I put it here, not in words, but in the form of an image. 


I made my tree using my Silhouette Cameo. I found a file in the store and I modified it quite a bit.
I then adhered little leaves behind every hole.


The little frames are also from the Silhouette store.





I wish you a wonderful Valentine's day tomorrow! Lot's of love and chocolate!
And I hope to see you here again soon.

Marie

6 comments:

scrap-or-not-scrap said...

Très très jolie page !

Cindy Fortin said...

C'est vraiment beau! J'adore le design et l'histoire est joliment racontée!

Thanh Vo said...

YAY! I'm happy that I can read it because your text is in English, Marie! LOL Such a sweet layout and a sweet story. Congrats on 15 years together.

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Merci les filles!!! Vous êtes gentilles. :) @ scrap-or-not-scrap et @violette :)
Glad you like it @Thanh :) Yeah, it's in english. And my family actually asked me: why is it in English?! lol Can't please everyone it seems like. ;) But I'm happy that for once, you got a treat. :)

Nat said...

This made me laugh because I've been married for 7 years (we've been together for 11) and we still have not gone on the camping trip he threatens about.

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Ha Ha Ha Nat!! :) Well, if you ever go, I wish you a shorter camping trip. That was WAY to long. But you know, we saw so many beautiful things. I think I'd do it again. ;) Thanks so much for your comment! :)