Thursday, February 6, 2014

Art Impressions - Pop it up Challenge

This is one of two posts I posted today so make sure you scroll down to see the other blog post. :)

Hi everyone!
It seems like I messed up the dates for the pop it up/decoupage/layer challenge at Art Impressions….
It's starting today, Thursday the 6th and it goes for 2 weeks so you have plenty of time to play along. :)

Since I messed up, I decided to make another pop-up card for you guys!
And this time I used the pop-ups kits. It's a sheet of pre printed and colored images that you just pop out and mount on a card. You can than embellish as much or as little as you want.
With one sheet, I made 2 cards tonight. I still have 3 more sheets in my package. Not bad eh?!

Here are my two cards with some step by step of what I did.


Here I just stitched around the base square. I added the "best" banner with foam adhesive and stitched along the edge of the banner. Then I just layered all the layers with foam adhesive and I added red glitter to the red light.

Here's a side view to show you the dimension.



On my second card, I played with the outside/inside of the card to make something a little unexpected.


First I stamped the background with a basic Happy Birthday stamp (from Heidi Swapp, Hello today) in two colors of ink. I then stitched around the with card stock and adhered it to my card base. After that I just added the ladies and the handbag with foam adhesive.

Here the view from the side to show the dimension:


And finally, inside, I added my little man with foam adhesive too and stitched the sentiment down.


It was fun, quick and easy to work with the pop ups!! And it's funny because at CHA I saw a couple of booths selling only pop ups like these so I guess it's a good way to go for people with less time on hand, or for people who don't want to spend hours and lots of thinking on a beautiful card.

I hope you'll play along with us and submit your card for the challenge on the Art Impressions blog.

Talk to you soon,

Marie

No comments: