Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Velentine's Day!

Hi everyone!!

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

I made some Valentines this year with the girls. 23 with my oldest who is in kindergarten and 18 with my youngest who is in Pre-school. It was fun! My new Ai Valentine stamps made it fun, fast and easy!! 


I used the Tweetheart set for my youngest and the Has Hugz set for my oldest. I only stamped with staz on ink on watercolor paper and they colored with water based ink diluted with water. When the images were dry, I went over it and added some details, like the beak and legs of the little birdie and a little background behind the bird to cover the imperfections. As you see, the girls did a very nice job and I think these stamps are perfect for coloring in with watercolor since it's very forgiving and we don't have to stay in the lines perfectly.

Here is my take on the same stamp. Of course it's the card I made to show them how to color their images. That's why they look alms the same. :) 


I added the sentiment in a speech bubble that I die cut from a piece of watercolor paper on which I had made a wash of the same color I used to color the image.


Hope you are inspired a little by my cards…. 
Here are the products I used:





Marie-Pierre



1 comment: