Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gallery wall - scrapbooking yourself

Hi everyone!

Here's a page I made for Getitscrapped.com
We had to make a page representing ourselves.


I decided to use some of my favorite pictures: one of me and my family when I was about 3 years old, one of me and my family now, and a big panoramic one at my favorite place on earth (Half Moon Cay).


I added a quote that I love and that I never want to loose sight of. I printed it on some hand made paper with small flowers and leaves in it.


And I incorporated some work of art that I made myself. I mounted these little cuties on frames that were cut with the silhouette and made gold with Heidi Swapp's Gold Lamé Color Shine spray mist.


I also printed my (now famous) picture of my brother and I on the cover of the Toronto Sun which I printed on normal white printing paper to give it a feel of a newspaper.


In the middle I used a postcard that I bought in Vienne at the Hundertwasser museum, museum that inspired me very very much!!! This postcard is very precious to me and I was not sure if I should put it on a page but I decided to do so because I feel like I'll see it more there than in a box somewhere and also because I have already done a page on my trip to Vienna and the postcard didn't make it on the page so I figure it's place is here, on this page.


For my journaling I wrote down things about me and my relationship to Art.


I mounted my whole page on a golden card stock and I stitched all around with some gold thread.
I really love this page! It's totally me!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Marie-Pierre

1 comment:

Susanne said...

It was lovely getting to know more about you from this pretty gallery style layout.