Monday, August 5, 2013

Watercolor

Hi everyone!

Here's a page I made for an article on watercolor over at Get it scrapped.


It's about my feelings when I'm watching my daughter nap in the afternoon. You the feeling that you should do more with her, love her more, enjoy her more..... I wish I wouldn't stress so much, and stress her as much...

I wanted the page to be very soft. I wanted it to feel like a dreamy background, with stars and gold and some resist embossing.


The resist was hard to make because I really couldn't see a thing I was drawing with my embossing pen on the watercolor paper. I drew some lines and some stars.

I then added some gold stitching and gold stars. I love the result of these gold stars sewed down.
I also added some drops of the gold lamé color shine from Heidi Swapp.


The white embossing in the yellow watercolor almost doesn't show. It shows a bit more when you see it in real. You can see some tiny gold glitters from the gold color shine.


I added lots of layers from velum to cardstock envelopes, Project Life 3x4 cards, patterned papers...


And I added extra stars on top of the picture.



For more ideas for using watercolor on your scrapbook pages you can go to the article at Get It Scrapped, and you can read my post about watercolor also at Get It Scrapped.

Thanks for looking!!
Marie

3 comments:

Isbaha said...

This is just... SO gorgeous !
Je ressens la même chose quand mes 3 enfants sont couchés, d'abord, je suis contente de respirer un peu, mais tout de suite après, je me repasse le film de la journée et je pense à tout ce que j'aurais dû faire différemment !
Cette page capture si bien tout cela, elle est presque magique...
You're so talented for using watercolors !

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous page Marie!! I love the way you used the watercolors and added in the whimsical stitching. Such a sweet photo and I love the way you layered behind it!

Susanne said...

What a sweet and soft page. The stars and stitching just make it!