Saturday, September 26, 2009

it's the last one

Hi guys!
Yes that's right, that's the last card for the Caardvarks sketchfest. I'm happy I could play everyday!! And I hope I can make the team; I would be sooooo happy!! Thanks for the chance anyway!! :)
So here's my card for todays sketch.
With Halloween coming up soon, I thought I'd go this way.
For this card, I made a "découpage". It's a swiss art (I live in Switzerland, although I'm Canadian) made by cutting black paper with tiny scissors. Because many of you may not know this technique, I did some picture while making the card that I will post further down with some explanations. So if you're curious about it, stay with me until the end. :)

Bonjour à toutes!
Ben oui, c'est vraiment la denrière carte que j'ai faite pour le concours de caardvarks et je suis super contente d'avoir pu jouer jusqu'au bout car ça me rend éligible à la place dans l'équipe de création. Ca serait le fun hein??! :D
Bref, comme dernière carte j'y suis allée avec une technique que j'affectionne particulièrement et dont j'avais déjà parlé sur mon blogue: le découpe. Cet art suisse consiste à découper un motif dans un papaier noir avec de minuscules ciseaux. J'ai pris des photos pendant que je faisais le découpage parce que la dernière fois que j'ai publié mon découpage, il y avait des filles qui se posaient des questions..... Si ça vous intéresse, allez voir plus bas. :)




A little dimension.

Un peu de relief.


And a ribbon and a tiny knot.

Et un ruban noir avec un petit noeud.

And here's how I cut the tree and the cats.... with very sharp and thin scissors on black paper... I first drew my tree and the cats (well, I cheated this time by printing a "decoupage" that I had already done some months ago) and then I have cut around. This kind of paper has a white side, where we can draw, and a black side. This technique is very hard on the eyes and it's a great exercise for patience. ;)

Alors me voici en train de découper mon motif sur du papier noir. J'ai d'abord dessiné (ok, ici j'ai triché, j'ai imprimé le découpage que j'avais déjà fait l'autre fois...) mon dessin et ensuite j'ai découpé. Le papier à découpage est blanc d'un côté pour nous permettre de dessiner et noir de l'autre. Cet art est bien dur pour les yeux et il nous permet d'entraîner notre patience. :)

Here's the white side of the paper with the printed drawing.

Voici le côté blanc du papier avec mon dessin imprimé.

And now I'm gluing it to the card. I only adhere some parts of the tree so that some leaves and branches will stand out for dimension.

Et maintenant je le colle sur ma carte. Je colle seulement quelques parties pour que les feuilles soient libres et donne un peu de relief à ma carte.

There you go. Thanks again for the chance to participate in such a great event. And for all the comments you left me during the whole week. It was greatly appreciated!

Voilà, c'est ce qui conclue cette super semaine. Merci encore pour tous vos commentaires!!!!!

Marie-Pierre




22 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a stunning card! Looks like you put a lot of effort into it too. Well done!

dstandard said...

OMG what details! Fabulous

Unknown said...

Bonjour Marie,

Quel talent, quelle délicatesse, quelle bonne idée de marier deux arts tout à fait différent.

Bon succès encore une fois pour ce concours. xxx

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what an amazing technique with absolutely gorgeous results ... fantastic sketch design.

Nathalie C.Ouellet said...

Ma-GNI-FiQUE !!! Tu sais quoi ? J'ai toujours ton beau cadre de découpage que tu m'as offert en cadeau ce printemps lors de mon séjour chez toi. Il a une place de choix et je le vois à tous les jours.

Tu mérites cette place... tu vas l'avoir, t'es tellement hot ;-)

Félicitations d'avoir joué jusqu'au bout et j'te dit merde pour le concours.

Nathalie ;-)

Vanessa said...

Absolut unglaublich!! Ich kann mir diese Karte gar nicht oft genug ansehen! Du hast Dir so wahnsinnig viel Mühe damit gegeben - super!

Liebe Grüsse aus Deutschland

Vanessa

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH WOW!!! WHAT PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE!!!Beautiful details and wonderful colors. I love this card... you really put a lot of time into it and it paid off. The cats are adorable!!! :o)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

I haven't seen this tecnique in years, and I love it.

I have browsed through all your cards made for the sketch fest and they are all just beautiful. TFS!

mouti said...

c'est ENORME cette carte
Elle est somptueuse.......!
Je suis espentée (comme on dit à Toulouse)
Moi aussi ton tableau à une place de choix......!
Pour la premiere place c'est *fingers in the nose* sans probléme
Bisous

suzARTe said...

this card is simply AMAZING, I love everything about it.

Nathalia Castellon said...

You make me so happy with your beautiful cards! I love, love, love this card! Bravo!

Jenyfur said...

Wonderful - I just love this!!

Anonymous said...

Alors ca, c'est super beau! Merci pour ton joli commentaire :) Et t'as raison, je devrais les porter ouvert plus souvent.

lauren bergold said...

wow! what a stunning card to round out the week! that hand-cut silhoutte is *ASTONISHING*!!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Just beautiful Marie! This is amazing!!! What a steady hand you have!! Great take on all of the sketches!! You deserve it if they pick u!!! :))

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!! I love your style and I will definatly be back to visit! :)

Big Hugs!
xxoo

ceeCee said...

Oh ... my... gosh!
Ma chère Marie Précieuse, je suis en consternation devant ton talent et surtout devant ta dernière création. Quel patience et minutie!!!
Tu mérites vraiment de faire partie de ce DT et je te souhaite la meilleure des chances. TOUS tes projets sont exceptionnels.
Affectueusement,
CeeCee

diana albright said...

this is fabulous! the hand-cutting is amazing!

Unknown said...

This is amazing!

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! And that cutting technique is just amazing!

Kathy Landry said...

Ta carte est splendide! Quelle patience! Bravo!

gui_anne said...

c'est vraiment magnifique se que tu as fait.

Renata Pacheco said...

Hello, Marie!!! I found your blog recently and love your cards. This one is a big patience exercise, you're fabulous with the scissors! Congrats!