Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Get it Scrapped | A tree made out of gold

Hi everyone!

Today on the Get it Scrapped blog you'll find inspiration about using negative space on your layout.

I love getting assignments for Get It Scrapped because it ALWAYS makes me think further than I normally would. For this page, I was trying to find an original and creative way to used a silhouette cut out.

What came to my mind was this tree layout I made a couple of months ago. I loved it so much and worked quite a bit on this tree cut file so I wanted to used it once more. This time I thought it would be perfect to document Arielle's tree that she was so sad to leave behind when we moved. Here's my page:


This time, I've cut the tree slightly larger than I did last time. I backed it with a beautiful green patterned paper and I cut the tree a second time on some gold textured cardstock so I could use the leaves as layers. I glued some leaves in a random pattern over the green leaves, making sure to leave one end of the leave unglued. It gives lovely dimension to my page.




I adhered the picture with foam dots.


The green letters are vellum sticker letters from Pretty Little Studio. And the gold "GOLD" is my handwriting and was cut out in the same gold cardstock I used for the leaves and the frame around the page using my Silhouette.

I layered some white, gold and green ribbons that I adhered with hot glue to give the impression that they are flowing (vs stitching them down).


I stitched around the page with some golden thread.

Voilà. :)
Hope I could inspire you to use your Silhouette. There are so many other ways I could have played with the negative space! If you do something that was inspired by this blog post, please link me up! :) I'd love to see it.

Marie

No comments: