Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Project Life update!

Hi everyone!
So I neglected my Project Life fans/followers here for the last months and I want to make it good again! :)

So where am I with the getting back up to date? Here are some numbers.
When I dusted off my album after the move, and I looked where I had left it, I had finished Week no. 18. (beginning of May)
And at that moment we had have Week no. 36.

So What I did is I finished Week 36 and started to work backwards.
I did weeks 35 to 31!! :)
And Now we have week 39 and I'm all caught up! YAY!!!
That is so rewarding!! It is rewarding because so many little things happened over the past 8 weeks that I wanted to record and obviously I would,t be able to make a page for every single little things, but now I can make a page for what I want to emphasize and the rest is safe and sound in less words and less details maybe, in my Project Life Album!! I LOVE THAT!

So anyway, back to my album.

On my last post I told you I would show you my Disney week and I've been asked how I integrate a big "event" like that in my Project Life album.
So here's how:

Here's Week 33


Son one of the things I do to integrate a trip or a bigger event in my Project Life, is that I add pages to my week. If you look closely, here, on the right, the page protector there is not the same as the one from the left page. It is smaller in size. It contains two 4x6 vertical photos, 2 3x4 vertical photos and 2 4x6 horizontal photos. Under that page protector, I have another extra page protector. We'll get there in a minute.


So here's the first page of my trip. Now, how do I choose pictures from a WHOLE LOT of pictures? Do I take the most beautiful ones? Do I take the ones with the stories? Well, a little bit of both. But most importantly, I start by asking myself: "What do I want to tell." And unlike all the other trips we took to Disney, this one was really a gift from my parents, to have us get out of the spirit we were in for so long with the move and everything, and to see us happy again. So what I decided to do is to take all the moments/pictures/stories where we were happy! Well, better said, not ALL the happy moments, but I wanted that all the moments I focus on in here are happy moments. :)




And the moments are in order in my page protector, but let's say, loosely in order. I'm not that perfectionist. Not for that anyway. ;)


And mostly, I kept it simple. As you can see here, a card with a simple text is sometimes more than enough.


Here I stitched with a golden thread.


Ok, so here's the right page, and the different page protector I was telling you about.




I love to add small pictures (square pictures, with Instagram my phone is full of those!) to 4x6 cards and use the rest of the card to journal.


Here's the second spread when you turn the first page.


When I choose my cards, I don't try to match the colors of the cards to the colors of my photos, but I do try to make it harmonious. 





Here's the second page protector I used. This one is even smaller than the first one. I first had it on top of the other one, so that we see it when we open the spread, but finally, because of the format of the pictures I had, it was working better as a second add-on. It's ok. I don't mind it at all. It's good enough!!



These letters are vellum like stickers from a Studio Calico kit. The story: I lost my sunglasses!!! Really, I did. During the fireworks at Epcot on our second day. And I found them at the lost and found office 2 days later! Phew!! A nice picture? Not really, but a happy memory? Sure!!


This is the last part of the week 33. As you can see on the right side, I'm back to my original album format. It all worked out perfectly.



Here I wanted to show you that there is so much going on in a Project Life album with all the photos, the cards. there's so many colors that sometimes just a very small and simple embellishment can be way enough to dress-up a page or a picture or a card. Not everything has to be decorated and embellished.
Often, less is more, right?! :)


And when my pictures are very dark and colorful, I like to use very pale cards, just to balance a little and to let the eye rest somewhere.




When embellishing, think chipboard, rhinestones, staples, photo corners, die cuts, and small stamps. Heidi Swapp has a ton of small very cute stamps that are ideal for Project Life.


And voilà!!
I hope you appreciated the pictures and all my tips and tricks. :)

Talk to you real soon and thanks for being a follower!!

Marie-Pierre

5 comments:

Gab said...

A Disney trip!! Fun!

Nounette said...

Oh là là!!! Ces pages sont splendides!!! Je suis complètement fan de ton PL!!! Bon courage pour rattraper le retard, je fais pareils ^_^

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Merci Nounette!!!! Thanks so much Gab!! Thanks for your comments, ladies! It's much appreciated!! xo

Kathleen said...

It's encouraging to see someone else who is behind on PL "catch up"! I use the same strategy. But now I just need to keep going. Oh and I love the tiny embellishments on your PL cards. So simple but such a nice touch.

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

THANK YOU for your comment Kathleen!! :) Lets keep up! In the end it will be well worth it. :)