Friday, May 16, 2014

Get it Scrapped | Golden

Hi everyone!

Are you still there?
I must confess that I have a hard time keeping up with all my scrapbooking projects lately. That includes the blog. As some of you may know, we are moving soon and we are in the midsts of selling the house and finding a new one. It's funny how we have moved 11 times in the past 13 years, but it's the first time that we have to sell our house. Before we were moving from an apartment to the other. It didn't involve showing the house and keeping it in excellent shape all the time, and having to deal with little kids through all that. I am trying to make the best out of the situation right now.

So anyway, as I was in Florida for a week, a couple of layouts of mine came online at different places. I'd like to show them here.

I'll start with this first one I made for Get it Scrapped.


The challenge was to make a page using only the two colors black and gold (and a neutral if needed). I liked the challenge a lot because I LOVE using gold lately and pairing it with black would,t come naturally to me so it was a real challenge and I think that the final look is awesome.

Here are the detail shots:


Before I started working, I gathered many gold embellishments. I have a pretty big collection and to see all that gold on my table made me really happy. When I'm happy, the pages come together easily! :)


I also gathered black embellishments. The crown was cut out of a PL card from one of my Studio Calico PL kit. The cute chipboard accents were also in a Studio Calico kit. The golden title was cut out with my Silhouette out of a glittery golden piece of cardstock.






Gold thread, gold ink, gold photo corners, gold punched stars.


I turned a couple of photo in Black and white and left some other in color. I like the mix.

There you go! :) You can go check out the other pages from the design team at get it Scrapped. The collection is pretty impressive!!

Talk to you again soon!
And thanks for bearing with me while I try to catch my breath.

Marie

No comments: