Friday, January 31, 2014

Crazy for you - a digital kit translated in paper

Hi everyone!
Today I have something special to share with you. :)
For the first time, I made a layout with a kit that was made for digital scrapbooking. The kit is from Peppermint Granberg and is called Crazy for you. It's a BEAUTIFUL kit, right up my alley with it's fresh and yet soft colors and with all it's fun embellishments. I loved working with it.

Here's my page and what I have done:


1. I printed the stars directly on my 12x12 canvas.





2. I printed all the elements on white cardstock.




3. I transformed the title into a .png file and had it cut by my Silhouette. I than traced the word by hand.


4. I reversed the colors on that little strip "once in a" which is originally black on white.

I also changed the size of certain elements, like the hearts.



5. I printed some strips of patterned paper onto vellum which now look like custom washi tape. Woohoo for that!


Finally, and this is not a digital thing, I layered layered layered and I gave some texture to the sides of my papers and elements. That's one thing I brought back in my head from CHA: texture and dimension on a page looks SO good!



Last but not least, I paired this beautiful kit with a picture of the one and only and oh so lovely Heidi Swapp, so I was sure my page would be more than awesome! ;)

Thanks for looking and if you want to have more ideas on how you can use a digital kit on you paper layouts, go take a look at the Get it Scrapped blog today! :)

Marie

3 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

This is fantastic, Marie! I love that you used digi elements and made it into a tangible scrapbook page. hehe, I remember your original photos you posted and I love that this moment was so well captured. It really shows how much you adore Heidi and how much appreciation she has for you. <3

Francine said...

Excellent travail. Belle composition. Du digital au papier... merci pour le partage.

Cyndi said...

Wonderful! And made even more so with the lovely Marie and Heidi! I see so many possibilities when I see digital even tho I am traditional.