Friday, January 3, 2014

Challenge 125 - Expect the Unexpected! Use something from your stash!

Hi everyone,

Twice a month, at Art Impressions, there is a challenged proposed. This week it's: use something from your stash. I love this challenge since when it's not a challenge, I tend to use my new stuff….so I have quite a lot stashed!!

Here's my card:


And the inside. :)


I find this stamps very fitting after a crazy Christmas and New year's week!! ;)

What I used from my stash? 
Heidi Swapp's file folder with animal prints. I new I wouldn't use it as a file folder, but still, I was hoarding it. What I like here it that the card stock is very sturdy! It makes great card base. And I also like that the color inside is coordinated with the outside. I like the animal print mixed with the giraffe stamps. :)

What I also used that I hadn't used for a very long while?
My spellbinder's embossing and cutting die. I used the long rectangle for the very long image. I love the look of a long and lean card.

And, what else?
The ribbon. I have an extra big box full of them and I don't tend to use much ribbons lately, so it was nice to look in there. I chose this ribbon because of the glitter on it. It adds a little something extra to the card that I found so (many too?) simple.

There you go! 
I made about 6 cards 2 days ago and I found it so relaxing. It's creation, but another kind of creation than doing a scrapbook page. If you want to use the challenge to push you to make a card, go ahead, I'd be happy (HAPPY!) to look at your card. 

The way it goes? 
Make a card and post it to your blog. Link it up to this blogpost here
And please come back here to tell me you played along so I know you heard it from me and your one of my followers!! ;) This is just a little extra for me; you don't have to do that. 

Thanks for reading my blog guys!! 
I appreciate you very much!!!!

Marie




No comments: