Wednesday, March 5, 2014

a 3 columns layout about CHA

Hi everyone!

Here's the page that I was dying to make since I got home from CHA!
As you know, when I came back from Anaheim, my head was spinning hard! So many impressions, ideas, so many people that I met from which so many were idols to me. After I made this page, it's like everything settled in and I could breath slowly again. lol

For lots of photos and words, the best way to put everything down in a comprehensive way was to go with a journalistic approach. I went with a 3 columns design and I wrote the events as they happened. Adding photos to illustrate my words and to make it more comprehensive as soon as we look at the page.


I used my handwriting for the title. Of course, that wasn't the initial plan, but as the text grew bigger and bigger, there just wasn't enough space for more….



Vellum, wood veneer stars and golden stars, vellum.


I created a pocket and a journaling card (made out of my business card) to write about my encounter with Becky Higgins.


A little vellum and gold stitching.


These small Basic Grey letters are so so so useful! I should own way more than I do. The # though is rare. This red set of letters was the only one with a # in it. That's why I used that one. :)


I love these little frames that i found in the Silhouette store. I cut them by hand but it takes me a minute or two.


There you have it, my CHA on paper. I had to let out many details that I wanted to tell though. I might come back and make a second page to complement this one. Maybe a 6x12 à la Noell Hyman. :) We'll see.

Thank for stopping by today!!
Marie-Pierre :)


6 comments:

celine navarro said...

j'adooooooore!!! :) et merci pour tes jolis mots <3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Aie! C'est mouaaaa :-)))
Ta page est superbe et encore une fois merveilleusement bien documentée!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Xox merci!!! :)

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

:) xox

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome page!!! How lucky you are that you've been there!!!!