Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pretty Little Studio - December Daily

Marie_header
Hey everyone! Marie here with some pages from my December Daily album.
I can say it loud and clear: Merry And Bright is my favorite Christmas/winter collection out there this year! It is so easy to work with. There are many journaling cards with space to write on, the colors are all so gorgeous and happy and bright, the die cuts are fun and fresh, the labels are awesome to add little details here and there, ... I truly enjoyed working with these products in my December Daily album!
Here is my day 4.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
It consists of one double page spread + one insert in-between. For the insert I used a page protector with 4 3x4 pockets and I cut it with my scissors. I love the look of layers. This is a good way to achieve this looks not only within the pockets but in the whole album itself.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
This is when the insert is flipped.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And this is the back of my double-spread layout.
Here are some detail shots and explanations:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
We have an Elf at home. She's called Harmony and she's a writer! She makes the kids do things, and she makes them stop doing things too, and the way she communicates with the girls is by writing. So what I did is I showed her where my stash of journaling cards are. Very practical to then just tell the kids: do you give me the card? I'll put it in the album. :) I like to used the Pretty Little Studio cards because they have space to write on them!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAlong with labels, Die cuts will have to be my favorite products from Pretty Little Studio. They are so unique! The little Santas remind me of my sticker collection when I was young. Very small die cuts are perfect to use in a cluster with flairs and other small embellishments. Bigger die cuts are perfect to make a statement. Don't be afraid to let one stand on it's own. They are gorgeous!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAHere I used the big empty space on the journaling card to add a large gold foiled label. Perfect to add a touch of journaling on a white background.
 
 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
With that upper pocket I created a shaker pocket. I simply added sequins in pinks, red and gold and I closes the top of the pocket with my fuse tool. (Small tip when using the Fuse: plug it and let it warm up for at least 15 minutes.)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The long labels are perfect when you have little details of the stories to add. Dress them up by simply adding a small sticker. :)
Here's just a small glimpse in my album. If you need/want more inspiration for your December Daily album, I invite you to come over to my blog where I have many photos and tips.
Merry Christmas!!
Marie-Pierre

2 comments:

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

Magnifique!! Hâte d'avancer le mien! Tu m'inspires beaucoup!!

Gab said...

Great pages - you are inspiring me to get going with my album!