Thursday, March 8, 2018

Pretty Little Studio | Welcome Home Maple

I can't believe I haven't blog since last October!!

But here I am with an awesome creation I made with my new Potpourri collection available at Pretty Little Studio!


Here's the whole page which was put together with 95% of products available in the Pretty Little Studio shop!! :) Let me break it down for you.


I used 3 pieces of paper: gold glitter (this is a must have in your paper collection! I adds a beautiful accent to any layout.), one colorful paper and a black and white paper, both found in the 8x8 Potpourri Paper Pack. The Combination of these 3 styles is perfect to give bling to my central photo!!

I stacked the papers on foam tape to leave some space to add small embellishments between the papers: leaves shape sequins (also from my Potpourri collection!), small star die cuts and some foiled die cuts in heart shape.


I've placed my photos on a diagonal and added the journaling in the space created by that line. I filled the small spaces with more label die cuts, stickers and wood veneer.


I the right space I loosely added leaves in a way that they look like they are falling. I sprinkled some sequins, playing with the colors and I added some stitching to add some more details.


At the very top of the page I have a large cluster of die cuts: large vellum leaves all stitched down with two lines of thread. I added a gold foiled banner on which I stamped my title in black ink. I adhered the banner with foam dots. Same thing for the speech bubble. I stitched all around the white heart in the middle of the speech bubble. Stitching is so easy with the sewing machine and it adds so much details!!! I added small wooden buttons and brads in the tones of the Potpourri collection.


Here's another perspective to see the dimension and the shimmer of the gold foil.



To sort of mat this first picture of the cascade, so that she doesn't go unseen, I added a colorful vellum leaf under it and a sticker and flair button on top of it. I then sprinkled some sequins. The check mark is really coll because it's simple shape and the fact that it is black and white is pulling from the black and white patterned paper I used under my main photo. Also the checkmark symbol is going hand in hand with my picture where my little one is checking the days that have passed and the ones left until she gets her biggie!.



On the far right, I added a fun cluster of die cuts, leaf sequin, wooden brad and wood veneer and a squirrel paperclip. Isn't it the cutest?!!

Also notice how I layered the pink label, left blank, under the gold foil banner. It just makes the banner pop even more.

I finally added a small chipboard piece, some word stickers  and more gold foil die cuts.


I've been asked how I use sequins on a page. I use them to highlight some groups of embellishments. Just like confettis. I like them way more than the enamel dots because they are sparkly! :)

I hope you liked my walk through!!

Talk to you soon with more beautiful layouts. I promise!!

Marie

1 comment:

Gab said...

Oh wow! Just gorgeous! Congrats on your new family member! And your new collection!