Sunday, August 20, 2017

Family Portrait | Mini-album Part II

Hello everyone!!
It's been a while!

I am back from the end of school year + 5 weeks of vacation and one week in remission of the jet lag (which has still not totally passed!)

Now, I've been walking in Prague yesterday and today, after a long time not having been in the city, and so many thoughts were flying through my head and heart. One of my Prague BFF is gone! insert a sad face here. It seemed like the city was not the same.... and all the places I laid eye on were reminding me of this past year we've spent touring the city and adventuring every little nooks and creases. So weird. Thank god for all my other friends who are still here. And expat community is full of love and support, and that's awesome. I need that!! We all do.

Remember the mini-album I made for my friend before she left? Well, I've finished it and gave it to her and received lots of compliments and heard a lot of "I want one too!" and I'm ready now to show the rest of the album with you. :)

This is what it looked like when I gave it to her. I closed it with a yellow and white striped ribbon and I insert a go away card.


I attached a small pottery figurine of the well known Prague Golem to the spine of the album with a black leather lace.


I thought it would look lovely, dangling from the side of the album, when put upward on a shelf. Plus, my friend will know the is her Prague album!


This is the card I made:


I used a stamp set from Mama Elephant. I thought it was very symbolic to have the little girl (me) releasing the balloon (my friend) and letting her go to new adventures. The yellow balloon is for Joy and positivity. :)


Now to the inside of the album.


You can catch the first part of the album by clicking here.
Most of the products (including the album) were sent to me by Family Portrait.


On this photo, 2 friends that left in June and who I will greatly miss.




For this page I took a screenshot of an Instagram post. The photo is bad! It was a video post. But the memory is priceless! I love that the photo shows the number of views and some funny comments. :)

Attached with an arrow shaped paperclip, I added our ticket stub to the communism museum. I added a black and white die cut from my Here Comes The Sun collection, available at Pretty Little Studio.




And on this side I printed a photo directly on white textured card stock. It makes it look like a small painting. I really like the effect.






I don't know what I was thinking not to put the names of everyone! ... that's bad!


Another single photo page with one small embellishment added.











I've added a picture of her daughter signing a solo at the school concert. I find these candid shots really cool! So natural and reflective of the real life. I like that we see other kids that are in her kids class, and the music teacher too.


A smaller page for decoration purpose.


And here you can catch a glimpse of our two cars parked next to another while we were having fun in the city. Another very candid shot, yet so representative of our reality.








One of the problems I encountered while doing this mini album is that when you use both sides of the cards, one of the page will fall upside down. When one side is a pattern, it doesn't matter much, but when it's an image, like here, sometimes you really have a problem!  The umbrella was laying upside down!!


My solution was to fill it with sparkling sequins.... I really love that part of the process of scrapbooking. Finding solutions and tricks to make things work. :)










I've added a transparency here and stapled a golden heart in the middle of the branch. When you do this, just make sure the embellishment doesn't fall in the face of someone or at some weird places...







These small golden heart and hand painted label are also from my Here Comes The Sun paper collection.





There you go, plenty of important details that will go forgotten in some years! Don't forget to add them to your albums!!


And I ended the album with a note to my friend and a cute die cut. <3 nbsp="" p="">
I really love how this album turned out and I secretly wish I would have made one to myself too. ;)

Marie


1 comment:

Gab said...

Wow, this is stunning! What a great friend you are . I bet your friend will treasure this album! Being an expat is difficult at times like these when people leave