Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Here comes the Sun!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Ha! I think I'm back at blogging and it feels SO good to be here!

The house is not completely ready, but my studio is more or less set up to work and I received the ink I ordered for my printer today (woohoo!! Yay for ordering online in Prague, it works!!!). So First thing I printed? Photos of our experience with the dolphins at Sea World in July. :D I was really eager to scrapbook Arielle's dream to become a dolphin trainer. <3 br="">
I was also VERY eager and excited to break out MY OWN PAPER COLLECTION, I'm sure you can imagine. :)

<3 br="">So without further talking, here is the first layout made with the Here comes the sun collection that you can purchase at Pretty Little Studio. I'll list to all the products I used at the bottom of this post.
<3 br="">


In the background I used a 8x8 paper called Cloudy Day. I then backed my 4x6 picture with the Higher patterned paper and a piece of gold glittery vellum from Cosmo Cricket I believe.
The die cuts are some of my favorite products of the collection. The whole creating of the collection started with these hot air balloons. :) Everything in the line was watercolored by hand by me. :) You'll find the sun in the To the Moon and Back die cut pack, and the Higher + clouds die cuts in the Higher die cut pack with the hot air balloons.


I really love these large gold foiled die cut letters.  Perfect for titles! And they can be paired with other words from the collection for an even more striking look.

I stamped the date on the cloud die cut and added some buttons, puffy stickers (Citrus Twist Kits) and enamel dots from my stash.


Like the gold foil die cut letters, there is a pack of numbers and icons gold foiled die cuts. They must be MY FAVORITE product of the whole collection. I can't wait to use them around Christmas time in my December Daily!

I added to this little cluster a gold paperclip and a very cute clear heart sticker.


Here is one more embellishment cluster with another positive word of encouragement from the Cactus die cut pack + some more die cuts  from the To the moon and back pack and a High 5 flair button. I really wanted my collection to be positive. You might also have notice the tiny sticker saying Believe in you? :) It's from the Think Positive sticker sheet.


This  smaller 4x4 photo is backed with a piece of the Sunrise 8x8 paper.  And I used the small sticker alpha in Watermelon to add details to the story. Again a clear heart sticker and a heart die cut that I adhered with foam adhesive.

<3 br="">
<3 br="">I finished my layout with my journaling. To me, a page without journaling is not complete. But that's just me. I know that we all have our reasons for scrapbooking. :) 
<3 br="">
<3 br="">
<3 br="">Products used:
<3 br="">
<3 br="">Paper: Summer Party 8x8Up In The Air 8x8
<3 br="">
Die Cuts: Higher, To The Moon And BackCactusGold Metallic A to ZGold Metallic Number;

Stickers: Think PositiveMini ABC WatermelonHigher;

<3 br="">
Flair Buttons: Fun.


<3 br="">Voilà, I hope you enjoyed my blog post today and I also hope very dearly that you will find something you like in my collection. I really made it with you guys in mind. I wanted a line that would be happy, fun and positive, yet with a wide enough range of motives, colors and words so that everybody could use it for any layout.
<3 br="">
<3 br="">I know I've mentioned it 100 times already, but make sure you tag me and Pretty Little Studio if you create with my collection. I'm @mpcapistran on Instagram. If you post it on Facebook or in a gallery and that we are not FB friends, please come and leave me a comment here with the link to your project. The best thing in that whole collection making thing is to see people use it and love it! <3 3="" nbsp="">
<3 br="">
<3 br="">Take care my friends and talk to you again soon!!

Marie-Pierre 

3 comments:

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

oh yess!!! une page de scrap! Ça faisait longtemps!! Elle est superbe! Tellement hâte de créer avec ta collection!!

Gab said...

Great LO! And I just love your collection - huge congrats!!!

Unknown said...

I´ve just found you are the designer behing Here comes the sun collection! I would love to collab with you, i´m Laura, owner of Lora Bailora, a spanish brand of scrapbooking supplies.

Please email me back at info@lorabailora.com

thank you"