Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pretty Little Studio DT | Hello Adventure

Hello everyone!

I'm here today to share a page I made for Pretty Little Studio.


I kept it very light with a white background and minimal embellishment.


Some blues and aquas and pops of reds.


I also found a pop of red on the packaging Of my products! Melissa does a really good job at designing the packaging so that you can USE it. On the whole Christmas collection there were Die Cuts that we could die-cut ourselves! I think that it is a very awesome touch.

I love love love this cute flair with the sailboat. Just adorable. I also love the transparency with the hearts. For now there's only the vellum with the hearts in the shop, but the clear should come...


The small blue letters are just great!! And that anchor sticker that i covered with some little label and word cut-out. Cute! :)


Some more layering of cute papers.


And here you can even see a velum tape. How cute is it??! Just the perfect addition.
Oh and that little metallic heart, I simply punched it out one of my scraps from my December album. :) I punched several actually. We can always use a metallic red heart, right?!


I finished by writing a quote I found on Facebook and adding some personal details to explain a tiny bit why I chose that quote and what's the link to the photos.... 

I know some of you will wonder how I wrote the quote. I used an Oblique Pen Holder and a NIKKO G with reservoir Nib. The Nib is VERY important in the equation. Nikko seems to be a nice choice for the beginners like me.  And the reservoir is awesome because you don't have to redid your nib all the time. :) The ink I used  on this page is the Speedball ink in Black, but if you are going to order from the site and want to get ink at the same time, the Chinese Sumi Ink is very good. And a very good paper to get if you are interested in practicing is the Rodhia paper pad. You can have it with dots, lines or squares, as you prefer to practice. :) A very nice way to start practicing is by looking at videos on You Tube. Just type Modern calligraphy or oblique pen holder and you'll find plenty. 

Voilà!

I hope you learned something new today and that you got inspired. 

Have fun creating!!

Marie

2 comments:

Gab said...

That is such a pretty page. Love all your layering and little details

Marie-Pierre Savard said...

Ta calligraphie est vraiment magnifique! Bravo!