Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Get it Scrapped - One long camping trip

Hi everyone! 
Salut tout le monde!

Have you ever documented a camping trip? I did the longest camping trip ever (!!), it was our honeymoon and it lasted 4 weeks! It was followed by a cruise, you know, to save our marriage, and I can't even believe that I hand,t document it up to this day. We made this trip in 2001, so 14 years ago! Wow!!! So anyway, after having listened to Noell Hyman and Shimelle Laine's audio course I decided that this big trip would need not only a page, but also an entire album! Yes, really. So this is the first page of that up coming album.
Avez-vous déjà scrapbooké un voyage de camping? J'ai fait le plus long trip de camping…EVER! 4 semaines à travers les parcs nationaux du sud ouest des USA. C'était notre lune de miel, mais rassurez-vous, nous avons fait une croisière juste après, question de sauver le mariage! ;) On a fait ce voyage en 2001, donc il y a 14 ans (!!) et je ne peux moi-même pas croire que je n'avais encore jamais documenté le voyage. Alors finalement, après avoir écouté le cours de Noell Hyman et Shimelle Laine, j'ai pensé que je devrais faire tout un album sur ce voyage (ou au moins plusieurs pages!!). Alrs voilà, la première page de ce futur album.


I used the leftt page to lay the trip itinerary. To do that I printed the map on a 12x12 white cardstock with my wide format printer. I then stitched along the road with gold thread and my sewing machine (by the way, if you want more ideas on how to use your sewing machine, you can check out the article I made for Shimelle's blog. Eventhough it's been a while since I wrote the article, there are some good ideas in there.) So anyway, I used my sewing machine to do that on this page and I used my Silhouette to die cut my title and the small geotags.
J'ai utilisé la page de gauche pour tracer l'itinéraire du voyage. J'ai utilisé mon imprimante grand format et j'ai fait une capture d'écran de la carte sur Google Map. J'ai ensuite cousu avec ma machine a coudre et du fil doré. (Si vous voulez d'autres trucs pour coudre sur vos pages, j'ai fait un billet sur le blog de Shimelle Laine il y a 2 ans. Les informations sont encore pas mal à jour :) J'ai finalement utilisé ma Silhouette pour découper mon titre et les géotags.



I adhered the geotags with some foam adhesive.



I layered the picture over paper, vellum and glitter cardstock.
J'ai ajouté quelques couches de vélin, papier et carton pailletté sous ma photo.


And I used a Gossamer blue embellishment kit for embellishing my page.
Et j'ai utilisé un petit kit de die cut de Gossamer Blue pour embellir.


For more ideas to scrapbook about a favorite camping trip, you can head over to Get it Scrapped.
Pour plus d'idées concernant le camping, rendez-vous sur Get It Scrapped

Talk to you soon!!
À bientôt!!

Marie-Pierre

5 comments:

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

oh wow!! J'adore ton idée pour la carte!! Je vais sûrement essayer de m'en inspirer pour un futur album de voyage!! Tes pages sont superbes!! Gros coup de coeur pour moi! Contente de voir ce que t'a inspiré le cours de Noell!!

Cyndi said...

Amazing! Love your map and what a cool itinerary! TFS

Gab said...

Love that! Such a great idea to print the map and show your route!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you so much for all your comments Gabrielle!!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you Cyndi!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!!